While your Canada Day festivities might look a little different this year, what doesn’t change are all the amazing things there are to celebrate.
Here are some fun facts about our fantastic country:
• Canada has over 71,000 km of stunning coastlines- the largest in the world.
• The Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick has the world’s highest tides.
• Edmonton is the northernmost city in North America with a population of over 1 million.
• Canada’s lowest recorded temperature was -81.4 degrees Fahrenheit (-63 C) in 1947.
• Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world’s lakes combined.
• Canada is one of the best places in the world to view the Northern LIghts.
• Canada consumes more macaroni and cheese than any other nation in the world.
• Every Christmas, over 1 million letters are addressed to Santa Claus at his own postal code H0H 0H0, North Pole, Canada.
• With 1,896 km (1,178 mi), the Yonge Street in Toronto is the longest street in the world.
• Canada’s official phone number is 1-800-O-CANADA. It provides general information on Gov of Canada programs, services and how to access them.
• Canadian banknotes have Braille-like markings on them for the blind.
• Canada has fewer people than Tokyo’s metropolitan area.
• Canada consumes the most doughnuts and has the most doughnut shops per capita of any country in the world.
• Our famous Eh is listed in the Oxford Dictionary.
Have any Fun Facts we should add to our list? Let us know!